Will I Be Recovered Before the New Year? Mansfield Cosmetic Surgery Center

Home » Will I Be Recovered Before the New Year?

Cosmetic surgery procedures in Arlington, TX

Will I Be Recovered Before the New Year?

By Dr. Michael L. Thornton | Dec 20, 2017

With the new year fast approaching and the nonstop activities and celebrations in store over the next several weeks, determining when to schedule your cosmetic surgery can be a tricky subject to navigate. Every procedure has a different timeline for recovery and will require some downtime before you can resume daily activities and are back to feeling like your regular self.

At Mansfield Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Thornton and his qualified staff provide clients with the best in cosmetic surgery options, including facelifts, liposuction, tummy tucks and breast rejuvenation procedures, like breast augmentations, breast lift, and breast reduction. If you are considering any of these procedures before the New Year, take note of their individual recovery processes and be sure to plan your schedule accordingly.

Facelift

Following a facelift procedure, plan for a recovery process that may take several weeks as 80% of the swelling typically lasts 2 weeks with the remaining 20% lasting several months. Facelifts are tailored to each patient and, as a result, have varying lengths for their recovery, but tend to last anywhere from 2 -6 weeks. If you plan on getting a facelift done in December but want to make sure you are healed before the new year, talk to your doctor about your specific concerns and the extent of recovery necessary for the results you desire to see if it aligns with your holiday plans.

Liposuction

Liposuction can eliminate stubborn pockets of fat for a slimmer, more beautiful body contour. While liposuction is a milder surgical procedure, it does require downtime and can vary depending on the amount of fat targeted for removal. Most patients are able to return to work in just a few days and resume most regular activities within two weeks. Scheduling liposuction now will most likely have you mostly healed before the new year, but swelling may last several months so expect to wait longer to enjoy the full results of the procedure.

Tummy Tuck

A tummy tuck, commonly paired with liposuction, can eliminate loose and sagging skin in the abdomen for a tighter waistline and increased self-confidence. Like a facelift, a tummy tuck can require up to six weeks of recovery. Because a tummy tuck deals with the midsection, you should expect to limit your activity greatly during the recovery process. Scheduling a tummy tuck before this month might have you back up on your feet by the new year, but will not have you fully recovered. If you are interested in a tummy tuck but have vacation plans or parties to attend this holiday season, consider scheduling your surgery in 2018.

Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentations are one of the most common forms of cosmetic surgery. If you, like many women, are considering a breast augmentation, be prepared to minimize physical activity for up to 2 weeks. Most patients following breast augmentation find they are able to return to work after seven days following the procedure but need four to six weeks of recovery before they are able to resume exercise and strenuous activities. Be sure to discuss your plans over the next several weeks with your surgeon during your initial consultation to ensure your projected recovery will align with your plans for the upcoming holiday season.

Most cosmetic surgeries require weeks of recovery, although you may be on your feet sooner than that depending on the procedure. If you are considering cosmetic surgery but need to be fully recovered by New Years, consider postponing your appointment until after the holidays. Contact Mansfield Cosmetic Surgery Center today at 817-477-9000 to schedule your initial consultation and discuss recovery in depth with Dr. Thornton.

Mansfield Cosmetic Surgery Center – Med Spa for Men

When we think of aesthetic procedures, we tend to focus on women and the signs ...
Read More

No More Turkey Neck!

The dreaded double chin – a bane of self-confidence for people everywhere. You can work ...
Read More

Mommy Makeover: When is the right time?

In recent years, the demand for what is termed a “mommy makeover” procedure has been ...
Read More

Post Pregnancy Tummy Tucks: How long do I wait?

Pregnancy is an amazing life experience.  However, it undoubtedly takes its toll on the female ...
Read More